Experts Committee on drafting new Constitution calls for public proposals
The Government has decided to obtain suggestions from the members of the public on drafting a new Constitution, Secretary to the Ministry of Justice, M.M.P.K. Mayadunne.
The Experts Committee to Draft a New Constitution will accordingly receive suggestions from the public on the matter.
Any citizens who wish to submit their suggestions on or before the 30th of November.
Submissions typewritten on A4 papers, either in Sinhala, Tamil or English languages, directed via post or e-mail to the following addresses:
- Room No. 32, [Block 02] BMICH, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7
The Committee urges the public to make a concise presentation of their suggestions.
The public is requested to use a new page for each of the following topics mentioned below:
- Nature of the State
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- The Executive (President/Cabinet of Ministers/The Public Service)
- The Legislature
- Franchise and Elections including Referenda
- Decentralization/Devolution of Power/Power Sharing
- The Judiciary
- Public Finance
- Public Security
- Any other area of interest not specifically referred to above