Sri Lanka’s inflation in April hits record high at 33.8%
The Department of Census and Statistics has reported a 33.8% Year-on-Year inflation for the month of April 2022.
According to Sri Lanka’s National Consumer Price Index (NCPI) Year-on-Year Food inflation is 44.0%, while Year-on-Year Non-Food inflation is 56.0%.
Following are five key highlights of the month as reported by the Department of Census and Statistics:
- NCPI in April 2022 increased to 190.3 from 172.7 in March 2022.
- Year on Year inflation increased to 33.8% In April 2022 from 21.5% in March 2022.
- Month on Month change contributed by 6.03% from food and 4.19% from non-food.
- Core Inflation increased to 27.9% in April 2022 from 17.3% in March 2022.
- The general price level has increased by 90.3% compared to the base year (2013)