Myanmar releases 12 Sri Lankan fishermen
The Myanmar Authorities have released the 12 Sri Lankan fishermen that were imprisoned in Myanmar, the Sri Lankan Ambassador to Myanmar said.
In February 2021, 12 Sri Lankan fishermen were taken into the custody of the Myanmar Navy and were jailed subsequently.
The Embassy stated that the released fishermen are set to be repatriated to Sri Lanka.
The following fishermen have been released in the process:
1) Ambagahage Chamika Iroshan Fernando
2) Liyanarachchige Nirmitha Srilal
3) Hewa Suduhakuruge Chaminda
4) Hewa Suduhakuruge Jayantha
5) Dondra Kodippili Sahan Sathsara Hemachandra
6) Dasanayake Mudiyanselage Ruwan Madushanka
7) Ambagahage Channa Muthusan Fernando
8) Suranjith Nanayakkara
9) Warnakulasuriya Niroshan Fernando
10) Thelge Kasun Madushanka Peiris
11) Jayasuriya Kuranage Sebastian Lal Perera
12) Warnakulasuriya Anuranga Shanaka Fernando