Possible cause of Supreme Court Fire, an unextinguished cigarette butt
An unextinguished cigarette cannot be ruled out as the cause of the fire at the Supreme Court complex, the government analyst’s report points out.
It was confirmed that the fire was not caused by an electrical leak, the police quoting the report of the Government Analyst’s Department said.
Investigations conducted into the incident had revealed that members of the minor staff had occasionally smoked cigarettes at this location, the Police added.
Police are extensively conducting investigating to identify the individual who smoked the cigarette that caused the fire.
03 teams from the CID are investigating the incident.
Facts have been reported to court based on the report of the Government Analyst’s Department, the police said.
The fire erupted on the ground floor of the complex on the 15th of December.
The fire had not damaged any documents at the court complex.