Covid19SL : 9 updates on the current situation
Sri Lanka for the first time conducts more than 5,000 PCR tests in a single day. 5608 PCR Tests were carried out yesterday
• 79 people arrested so far for violating Police curfew along with 18 motorbikes & a Three-wheeler: Police
• Random PCR tests to be carried out in all other factories with a large workforce: Chief Epidemiologist Dr. Sudath Samaraweera
• Military personnel are now engaged in conducting door-to-door visits to find apparel factory workers who have failed to report to the allocated locations announced by the Police for Quarantine: Army Commander
• The Consular Affairs Division situated at the Ceylinco building in Colombo will remain closed for visitors on the 8 & 9 October 2020: Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Outsiders will not be allowed to the Inland Revenue Department until further notice & all services will be available online: Department of Inland Revenue
• Issuing of vehicle revenue licenses in the Western Province suspended till October 16 & no fines will be imposed on licenses that has expired till November 15: Government Information Department
• Police establishes a direct Hotline No.1933 for public to convey information on Covid-19 matters. Other numbers: 011 5978701, 0115978703, 0115978719, 0115978722.
• Four days after the identification of the first Covid-19-positive female from society after three months of control, the health and law enforcement authorities were still unable to detect the origin of the Minuwangoda cluster, The Morning Newspaper reported.